Our mission is for You to have the best experience when visiting us, be it in the Lisbon Shop or here on the Internet. We encourage the reading of our General Conditions of Sale, so that the entire process of interaction with Manuel Tavares within its Website, www.manueltavares.com is done in the most clear way, protecting to the fullest the rights of each of the intervening parties. Providing a faster process and free of any problems. If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact us, through the different ways to do so, please visit the Contacts section.
1. These General Conditions of Sale in force, updated in July 2017, are intended to regulate the terms and conditions governing the website www.manueltavares.com and the service of the Online Shop of Manuel Tavares (Manuel Tavares, Lda), with headquarters at Rua da Betesga 1 A e B, 1100-090, Lisbon, Portugal, Collective Number 500 495 491, hereinafter referred to as Manuel Tavares.
2. The navigation in the Website www.manueltavares.com, as well as the purchase of any product in the Online Shop of Manuel Tavares, implies the acceptance of these General Conditions of Sale.
3. The online sales section is divided into two main categories, the Cellar and the Gourmet each with its own particularities.
4. Any alcoholic beverages available for sale at the Manuel Tavares Online Shop can only be purchased by persons who are of legal age to purchase them in their Country of residence.
5. Manuel Tavares reserves the right to modify, without prior notice and at any time, the information and commercial offer presented on products, services, commercial conditions, promotions and prices.
6. The images that illustrate each product presented in Manuel Tavares Online Shop may differ from the product subsequently delivered, and the same products are also subject to stock availability.
7. If any image of a product presents a price reference, it may not correspond to the real value.
8. The aforementioned values of foreign currencies (exchange rates) are merely indicative values / conversions, and the exact accuracy of the values is not the responsibility of Manuel Tavares.
9. Despite the efforts and monitoring of the information in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop, some products may present an inaccurate price, which is why we check prices whenever we process the orders. Consequently, the prices presented on the website are merely indicative and do not constitute a contract. If the effective price of the product is lower or higher than the advertised price, Manuel Tavares will inform the customer of such situation by e-mail and will wait for his decision to accept the new price or even cancel the order within 5 (five) business days from the date the order confirmation email was sent.
10. Under Portuguese law, all prices shown include their respective VAT rates.
11. It is not possible to place orders at the Online Shop, if the order total is equal or under 5€, regardless of the payment method chosen.
12. In spite of the efforts to ensure that all product descriptions are correct, they may differ from one's interpretation or taste. Therefore, the information provided in relation to the description of the products must be seen as our interpretation. The content of our site www.manueltavares.com and teh Online Shop of the same place, is provided for general information only. You should not rely solely on the information presented. We suggest the search for exact correct data, together with the Producers of the products in question. While we make every effort to update the information on our site, we do not make representations, promises or guarantees that the content of our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
13. The content of www.manueltavares.com is constantly being updated, and can be done at any time and without prior notice. Despite our best efforts, some of the content on our site may be outdated, and there is no obligation on the part of Manuel Tavares to keep it updated.
14. Consciously, the antiquity and rarity of some products that exist in our physical and online shops implies the complete acceptance by the buyer of the respective state of preservation of the original packaging, labels and seals of the products. Despite the efforts of preservation by Manuel Tavares, the elements can exhibit color changes, difficulty in reading, high levels of wear, paper and glue decomposition, erasures, accumulated dirt, among others not mentioned, not meaning lack of care, lack of preservation, falsification or adulterated liquid content. In the case of complaints or requests for return, whose subject falls within this condition, we inform that Manuel Tavares does not exchange or return the product(s).
15. The promotions published in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop may not be applicable to Lisbon Shop (physical store) at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B, 1100-090, Lisbon, Portugal.
16. In order to place orders in the Online Shop of the Website www.manueltavares.com, it is mandatory to register as a user. With this, we intend to maintain the entire sales process, clear and transparent before Portuguese legislation in force. After registering, you can at any time consult your personal customer area, where you can view and edit personal data, order history or change the access password.
17. To order a product from the Cellar or Gourmet section, simply add the desired products in the part of its page, indicating the desired quantity and clicking the "Buy" button. Amounts can be changed before finalizing the order, as well as deleting products from the Cart.
18. To order some product by weight, in the part of its page, indicate the desired weight of each product and the number of cartridges of that same weight and click on the "Buy" button. Cartridges with different weights can be added by simply repeating the step for each desired weight, re-indicating a new weight and the respective quantity of cartridges. The number of cartridges of each product with each weight can be changed before finalizing the order, as well as eliminate products from the Shopping Cart.
19. The minimum quantity of each product by weight is 50 grams each.
20. A summary of the order will always be presented before finalizing the sales process, so that you can take a final look at it.
21. At the prices presented in the Online Shop, section of the Cellar, the value of the shipping costs of each order are added, which are calculated based on the sum of the cost of packing and the cost of transportation. The packaging cost per "standard" or larger bottle is €2.20, €1.00 for each 200 or 375 ml bottle and €0.50 for each miniature bottle. The cost of shipping depends on the weight of the order and its destination of delivery. The total shipping costs will be automatically calculated when placing your order in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop.
22. Products from the Gourmet section of the Cheese and Delicatessen sub-sections shall be sent by cold transport in order to maintain their properties and to observe the storage temperatures indicated by the producers.
23. The products of the Grocery section of the sub-sections of Cheeses and Delicatessen are only shipped to Continental Portugal and Continental Spain.
24. Products from the Gourmet section, by weight and by unit, with the exception of the sub-sections of Cheese and Delicatessen, are only shipped to Continental Portugal and Islands and Continental Spain.
25. There is a "Quick Delivery" option for any combination of Products, provided that the total weight of the order does not exceed 9 kg and the address is eligible. If this is the case, the option in the "Shopping Cart" will appear. The estimated delivery time in these cases is about one hour.
26. Due to the logistics of preparation of the order and its dispatch, the timetable to place an order with "Fast delivery" is: 10H00 a.m. to 18H00. from Monday to Friday.
27. If in the order made, there are products in the subsection of Cheese and Delicatessen and products of the remaining sections, it will be sent by means of cold transport in full, so that a single carrier is used and thus reduce transportation costs for the customer, and only for Continental Portugal and Continental Spain.
28. Products in the Gourmet section, sold by weight, will be provided within the paper cartridges, the same as those provided to customers of the physical shop. Cheeses and Delicatessen that are unpacked will be wrapped in special household paper in the same way as they are delivered to customers in the shop.
29. We urge you to read the Allergy Warning, which is present on the website www.manueltavares.com and that you always keep in mind this detail with regard to any product of the shop.
30. Upon confirmation of the order in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop, an email will be sent to the user email address registered on the Site, www.manueltavares.com by the customer upon registration, with all the details about the delivery, invoicing, Payment information, products and values. Manuel Tavares encourages you to confirm the details to look for any errors. If you do not receive the order confirmation email, we kindly requeste you, to contact Manuel Tavares, through our various methods of contact, so that a new email can be sent.
31. If an order can not be met in whole or in part, the customer will be immediately contacted by Manuel Tavares in order to find the most appropriate solution.
32. Orders will only be processed upon reception of payment by Manuel Tavares.
33. In the case of orders for Mainland Portugal, if they only include products from the Cellar and the value of the same is greater than 50€, shipping costs are free. Only the packaging costs will be charged: € 2.20 for each standard size bottle or larger, € 1.00 for each 200 or 375 ml bottle and € 0.50 for each miniature bottle. The final and total values will always be displayed before finalizing your order. These values may change without notice.
34. In the event that the order for Mainland Portugal includes products from the Gourmet section and Cellar or only Gourmet products, shipping costs will not be free as mentioned in point 33. Although the combination of these same products refers to a separate shipping table, so as to be as cheap as possible for the customer.
35. As a general rule, an order may take 72 hours to be delivered in Continental Portugal, about 5 working days in Europe and 5-8 days to reach the customs of the Countries in the rest of the World.
36. The means of payment that can be used to place orders at Manuel Tavares Online Shop are: Multibanco, MB Way, Paypal, Visa or MasterCard and Bank Transfer.
37. The order itself does not constitute a definitive product reservation, nevertheless we make efforts to guarantee the products in a normal time window to make payment, by methods other than credit cards. For the Multibanco and MB Way modes, in order to allow time to arrive at the places where payment can be made, we consider that 3 (three) days is a normal time for it. For orders paid by bank transfer, the maximum payment period will be 3 (three) working days. At the end of this period, the order will be automatically canceled, unless there is an agreement with the customer for a longer period.
38. In the hypothetical situation of simultaneous purchases of the same product(s), whose stock is limited, in our online shop and in our physical shop in Lisbon, at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B, and the online shopping process is finalized without any contrary indications, the online user will be contacted by Manuel Tavares, in order to agree on the best way to resolve the issue (return policy or, if feasible, to wait for stock if requested by the customer).
39. Orders may be canceled, when expressly requested by the customer, through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to shipment of the same. After confirming the order, the customer is requested to contact Manuel Tavares, in the shortest possible period of time, in order to find the most appropriate solution.
40. You can follow the status of your orders, at Manuel Tavares, in your Customer Area, in the Order History section.
41. Following the actual shipment of the order, the link provided by the carrier, if it exists, will be sent as an email with it, and can also be consulted in your Customer Area at any time. With this link you can track your order to your final destination.
42. Manuel Tavares does not send status updates of the order location to customers.
43. Manuel Tavares Lda is not responsible for shipments made to countries where the respective law does not allow the entry of alcoholic beverages. It is the sole responsibility of the customers to pay any seizing orders, the respective bills, as well as the payment of customs fees, if they exist. In case of return of the products, Manuel Tavares will only refund the amount related to the products, after receiving and verifying them. If in doubt, please contact us before ordering.
44. All products sent by Manuel Tavares must be checked upon delivery. If you find that your order is damaged, you must return it immediately to the carrier and justify the reason for the return on the delivery note and notify Manuel Tavares immediately through one of our contacts.
45. If, after delivery, you verify that any of the items is not in accordance with the order, please contact Manuel Tavares as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com, indicating the order and its elements, attaching the images of the packaging as received and all the articles in question, so that it can be ascertained if there is anything that can be done, so that the problem can be solved.
46. Manuel Tavares is not a producer of any commercialized product in the shop, and it can not be held responsible for its quality, and this responsibility is imputed to the producers of each product presented.
47. Manuel Tavares acknowledges to all its clients the right to terminate the contracts they have entered into with it, allowing them to return within 14 days of the products purchased pursuant to Decree-Law no. 143/2001 and Decree- Law 82/2008 of 20/05. For clarification of any doubt, request for additional information or sending suggestions, please contact us.
48. The online subscription for the receipt of a discount voucher implies acceptance of its conditions of use and its expiration date.
49. The voucher code is valid in a single purchase and exclusive use at our physical shop, at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B in Lisbon. The voucher with the respective code will be sent, after your request, to the email you provided. Insertion of an invalid email will prevent the receipt of the voucher. It will not be necessary to present the voucher printed at the time of purchase but simply present the voucher and its code on your smartphone or tablet when you pay.
50. The conditions of the use of the voucher can be changed without prior notice.
51. The Voucher expires after 5 days, after being sent to the client's email.
52. To use the Voucher, just show the same, to the employee that are in the counter.
53. All purchases made at Manuel Tavares's online store are subject to Portuguese legislation. Any conflict or divergence of interpretation of the General Conditions of Sale Online will be submitted to the competent Portuguese Court.
54. Visitors and users registered in the Manuel Tavares Site at www.manueltavares.com must use this Site only and strictly for legal purposes, and can not access it with the intention of carrying out practice or connection with fraudulent acts or that result in Criminal offense, attempting and/or altering content, transmitting harmful messages or computer viruses, or improperly using any of its content.
55. Manuel Tavares may prevent access to and use of its Website, www.manueltavares.com, without prior notice, whenever it considers that the visitor or user is in a conscious way violating the conditions defined herein or in any other way, damaging the normal functioning of the website or the Rights of third parties.
56. In the event that the Client is outside Continental Portugal, Manuel Tavares hereby informs that any judicial proceeding must be exclusively made in the Portuguese Courts.
57. Pursuant to and for the purposes of the provisions of art. 18 of Law no. 144/2015, of September 8, we inform that the entity of ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) available is the Center of Arbitration of Consumer Conflicts of Lisbon, with the following contacts:
Address: Rua dos Douradores, nº 116 - 2º 1100 - 207, Lisbon.
Phone: 218 807 030
Telephone number of the General Director of Consumer: 707 788 787
58. These General Conditions of Sale can be changed without prior notice and should therefore be consulted before any order is placed.
Thank you very much for your attention.