Our mission, unchanged since our foundation in 1860, is that you have the best experience and satisfaction when visiting us, whether at the shop on Rua da Betesga, or on the Internet, through our online shop. We encourage you to read our General Conditions, so that the entire process of interaction with Manuel Tavares within its Website, www.manueltavares.com, is done in the clearest way, protecting the rights of each of the intervening parties to the maximum extent, providing a faster and hassle-free process. In case of any doubt, do not hesitate to contact us, using the different ways in which you can do so, listed in Contacts.
1. These General Sales Conditions in force, updated in March 2022, are intended to regulate the terms and conditions governing the website www.manueltavares.com and the provision of the Manuel Tavares Online Shop service (Manuel Tavares, Lda), with registered office at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B, 1100-090, Lisbon, Portugal, Legal Person nº 500 495 491, hereinafter referred to as Manuel Tavares.
2. Browsing the Website www.manueltavares.com, as well as purchasing any product from the Manuel Tavares Online Shop, implies acceptance of these General Sales Conditions.
3. The online sales section is divided into two major categories, Cellar and Grocery, each with its own particularities.
4. Any and all alcoholic beverages available for sale in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop can only be purchased by people who are of legal age to purchase them, in their country of residence.
5. Manuel Tavares reserves the right to modify, without prior notice and at any time, the information and commercial offer presented on products, services, commercial conditions, promotions and prices.
6. The images that illustrate each product presented in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop may differ from the product later delivered, and these same products are also subject to out of stock.
7. If any image of a product has a price reference, it may not correspond to the real value.
8. The mentioned values of foreign currencies (exchange rates) are merely indicative values/conversions, and Manuel Tavares is not responsible for the exact presentation of the values.
9. Despite the efforts and monitoring of information in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop, some products may have an inaccurate price, which is why we check prices whenever we process orders. Consequently, the prices shown on the website are merely indicative and do not constitute a contractual offer. If the actual price of the product is lower or higher than the advertised price, Manuel Tavares will inform the customer of such situation by email and will wait for his decision to accept the new price or even cancel the order within 5 (five) days. useful from the date the order confirmation email was sent.
10. Under Portuguese legislation, all prices shown include the respective VAT rates in force.
11. It is not possible to make purchases in the Manuel Tavares online shop, where the total value of the order is equal to or less than the value of €5, regardless of the desired payment method.
12. Despite efforts to ensure that all product descriptions are correct, these may differ from the individual's taste interpretation. Therefore, the information provided in relation to the description of the products must be seen as our interpretation of the product. The content of our Site www.manueltavares.com and the Online Shop on the same site is provided for general information only. You should not rely solely on the advice given. We suggest looking for exactly correct data from the Producers of the products in question. While we make continued efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, promises or warranties that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
13. The content of www.manueltavares.com is constantly being updated, which can be done at any time and without prior notice. Despite our best efforts, part of the content on our site may be out of date, and Manuel Tavares is under no obligation to keep it up to date.
14. Consciously, the age and rarity of some products existing in our physical and online shop, implies the total acceptance by the buyer of the respective state of preservation of the original packaging, labels and seals of the products. Despite Manuel Tavares' efforts to preserve it, the elements may show changes in color, difficulty in reading, high levels of wear, decomposition of paper and glue, erasures, accumulated dirt, among others not mentioned, not meaning, therefore, lack of care, lack of preservation, falsification or adulterated liquid content. In the case of complaints or return requests, whose subject is framed in this condition, we inform you that Manuel Tavares does not exchange or return the product(s).
15. The promotions published in the Manuel Tavares Lda Online Shop may not be applicable to the physical shop at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B, 1100-090, Lisbon, Portugal.
ORDER IN THE ONLINE SHOP
16. To be able to place orders in the Online Shop of the Site www.manueltavares.com, it is mandatory to register a user. With this, we intend to keep the entire sales process clear and transparent in terms of Portuguese legislation in force. After registering, you can consult your personal customer area at any time, where you can view and edit your personal data, order history or change your password.
17. To order a product from the Cellar or Grocery section at the unit, simply click on the plus (+) sign that appears on the product image presented in the listing within a category or sub-category.
• Alternatively, on the respective product page, add the desired products, indicating the desired quantity and pressing the "Buy" button.
• Quantities can be changed before finalizing the order, as well as removing products from the Shopping Cart.
18. To order a product by weight, just indicate the desired weight of each product and the number of cartridges you want, with the same weight, and click on the “Buy” button. Ex: 3 (cartridges) of 250 g each of Almond with Skin.
• Cartridges with different weights of each product can be added, by simply repeating the step for each desired weight, indicating a new weight and the respective amount of cartridges.
• The number of cartridges of each product with each weight can be changed before finalizing the order, as well as removing products from the Cart.
19. The minimum quantity of each cartridge sold by weight is 50 grams each..
20. A summary of the order will always be presented, before finalizing it, so that you can make a final analysis of it.
21. In addition to the prices shown in the Online Shop, Cellar section, the shipping costs for each order are added, which are calculated based on the sum of the packaging cost and the transport cost.
• The packaging cost for shipping to mainland Portugal for a "standard" size bottle or larger is a maximum of €2.20, €1.00 for each 200 or 375 ml bottle and €0.50 for each miniature bottle.
• If the order has a total value of more than €50, and is delivered in Mainland Portugal (outside the locations covered by Delivery by Municipalities), the packaging values are reduced by half and shipping is free.
• If the order has a total value of more than €50, and delivery in Mainland Portugal to the locations covered by Delivery by Municipalities, the packaging values are not applicable and transport is free.
• If the order is for an international destination, the packaging cost is not applicable in most cases.
• If the order is for a destination in the islands of Madeira or Azores, packaging costs are applicable.
22. The cost of transport depends on several factors that may or may not be combined, such as the weight of the order, the respective delivery destination and the carrier used. The total shipping costs will be automatically calculated when placing your order in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop.
• Orders for mainland Portugal, if they only include products from the Cellar and the value of the same is greater than 50€, the shipping costs are free. Only the packaging costs described in the previous point will be charged.
• Orders, for Mainland Portugal, if they include Cellar products and Grocery products by weight and unit, or just Grocery products, shipping costs start from €3.95 and from 2kg in weight, the packaging cost is not applicable
• Orders, for Azores and Madeira, if they include Cellar products and/or Grocery products by weight and unit, or just Grocery products, shipping costs start from €9.45.
• Orders outside Portugal, for covered countries, of Wine cellar and/or Grocery products by weight and unit, or just Grocery products, shipping costs start from €8.80.
TO WHERE DO WE SHIP
23. Products from the Grocery section, from the Cheese and Delicatessen sub-sections are only sent to mainland Portugal and are packed more carefully so that the transit to the destination is done in a way that preserves their characteristics within the estimated time. for delivery.
24. Products from the Grocery section, sold by weight and unit, may or may not be shipped according to the destination of the order.
• Shipping of all grocery products to mainland Portugal.
• Shipments of all grocery products, with the exception of the Cheese and Delicatessen sub-sections to the islands of the Azores and Madeira.
• Shipping to Mainland Spain, Spain Islands, Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Estonia, Italy, Latvia, Sweden, Bulgaria, Finland, Greece and Romania, limited to which products can be shipped.
• The information which products cannot be shipped is displayed on the screen if the product is selected to purchase.
Note: In order for the system to inform you of products that are not possible if I ship, the customer session must be started.
25. The products from the Cellar section are sent to all the countries mentioned in the previous point (24) and to Iceland, United Kingdom, United States of America, Albania, Belarus, Cyprus, Malta, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine, South Africa South, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Bahrain, Bermuda, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Congo, Ivory Coast , Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, El Salvador, USA, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Georgia, Grenada, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, French Guiana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Israel, Jamaica , Jordan, Kuwait, Lesotho, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Martinique, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Mozambique, Monserrate, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Kenya, Central African Republic, Dominican Republic, Reunion, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Syria, S Waziland, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, East Timor, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uganda, Uruguay, Venezuela, British Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Korea South, Fiji, Philippines, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Saipan, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Guinea-Bissau.
DELIVERY BY COUNTIES
26. Delivery by Municipalities covers selected addresses in the Municipalities of Lisbon, Sintra, Loures, Odivelas, Oeiras, Barreiro, Almada, Montijo, Seixal, Amadora, Mafra, Alcochete and Palmela.
• All orders to addresses covered by this type of Delivery by Counties have the offer of shipping for orders over €50
• If the value of the order for Delivery by Municipalities is less than €50, the shipping cost is fixed, per order, without weight limit.
• The initial fixed value is €4.95 and the value increases depending on the delivery address within this modality.
• If the address is valid for this type of delivery, a message will appear in the form of a “pop up” or box, informing you of this validation, after logging in.
27. The cheese and sausage products at the unit and that do not have their own packaging, will be wrapped and sent in special paper from the house.
28. Products from the Grocery section, sold by weight, will be supplied in paper cartridges, the same as those supplied to customers in the physical shop and in the same way they are delivered to customers in the physical shop.
29. Orders are sent by different carriers such as Iberomail, Mailboxes and CTT.
• In the Delivery by Municipalities modality, delivery is made by Manuel Tavares himself and delivered by hand.
• Other carriers with hand delivery to the final address.
30. We advise you to read the Allergen Warning on the website www.manueltavares.com and always pay attention to this detail with regard to any product in the Shop.
31. After confirming the order in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop, an email will be sent to the contact address registered on the Site, www.manueltavares.com by the customer at the time of registration, with all details about delivery, billing, payment, products and values. Manuel Tavares encourages you to confirm the details of the same to look for possible errors. If the customer does not receive the order confirmation email, he is requested to contact Manuel Tavares, through our most varied contact methods, so that it is sent again to the registered email.
32. If an order cannot be partially or fully satisfied, the customer will be immediately contacted by Manuel Tavares in order to find the most appropriate solution.
33. Orders will only be processed after receipt of payment.
34. Depending on the destination, the average delivery time is as follows:
• 1 to 2 working days in the Delivery by Counties modality, being very common the delivery on the same day if the time of placing the order allows it.
• 1 to 3 business days for Mainland Portugal.
• From 2 to 15 working days to the Azores and Madeira Islands
• From 2 to 3 business days to Mainland Spain.
• 3-5 working days to Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Luxembourg.
• From 4 to 8 working days to Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic.
• From 4 to 8 working days to Bulgaria, Finland, Greece and Romania.
• About 20 business days to USA
• Between 5 and 20 working days for other international destinations.
35. The means of payment that can be used to place orders in the Manuel Tavares Online Shop are: Multibanco*, MB Way*, Visa* or Mastercard*, Paypal and Bank Transfer. In the physical shop, on Rua da Betesga, the aforementioned payment methods and other payment cards are accepted.
Note: *Electronic payments processed in partnership with Easypay Payment Institution Lda
36. The order itself does not constitute a definitive reservation of the products, despite that we make efforts to guarantee the products in a normal window of time to make the payment, by methods that are not related to credit cards. For the Multibanco and MB Way modalities, so that there is time to travel to the places where payment can be made, we consider that 3 (three) days is a normal time for resolving the same. For orders paid by bank transfer, the maximum payment term will be 3 (three) business days. After this period, the order will be automatically cancelled, unless there is an agreement with the customer about a longer period.
37. In the hypothetical situation of simultaneous purchases of the same product(s), whose stock is limited, in our online shop and in our physical shop in Lisbon, at Rua da Betesga 1 A and B and, whose online shopping process is completed without any indications to the contrary, the online user will be contacted by Manuel Tavares, in order to agree on the best way to resolve the issue (return policy or, if feasible, wait for stock after ordering by the customer).
38. Orders may be cancelled, when expressly requested by the customer, by contacting the email firstname.lastname@example.org, before dispatching the same. After confirming the order, the customer is asked to contact Manuel Tavares, as soon as possible, so that the most appropriate solution can be found.
39. You can follow the status of your orders at Manuel Tavares, in your Customer Area, in the Order History section. Within the order history, you can re-order your last order.
40. Following the actual dispatch of the order, the link provided by the transport company to the customer is sent, whenever there is one, by sending an email with the same, which can also be consulted in your Customer Area at any time. With this link you can track your order to its final destination.
41. Manuel Tavares does not send order location status updates to customers.
42. Manuel Tavares Lda is not responsible for shipments made to countries where the respective law does not allow the entry of alcoholic beverages. It is the full responsibility of the customers for the eventual seizure of the respective orders, as well as the payment of customs fees, if any. In case of return of products, Manuel Tavares will only refund the amount corresponding to the products, after receipt and verification of the same. If in doubt, please contact us before ordering.
43. All products sent by Manuel Tavares must be checked upon delivery. If you find that the order is damaged, you must immediately return it to the transport company, duly justify the reason for the return on the packing slip and immediately notify Manuel Tavares through one of our contacts.
44. If, after delivery, you find that any of the items does not comply with the order, please contact Manuel Tavares as soon as possible via the email email@example.com, indicating the number of the order and its elements, attaching the images of the packaging as received and of all the items in question, so that you can check if there is anything that can be done, so that the problem can be solved.
45. Manuel Tavares is not a producer of any commercialized product, and it cannot be held responsible for the quality of the same, and this responsibility is attributed to the producers of each product presented.
46. Manuel Tavares recognizes to all its customers the right to terminate the contracts they enter into with it, allowing them to return within 14 days the products purchased under the terms of Decree-Law n.º143/2001 and Decree-Law 82/2008 of 05/20. To clarify any doubts, request additional information or send suggestions, please contact us.
47. All purchases made on the Manuel Tavares online shop are subject to Portuguese legislation. Any conflict or divergence of interpretation of the General Conditions of Online Sale will be submitted to the competent Portuguese Court.
48. Visitors and registered users on the Manuel Tavares Site, at www.manueltavares.com, must use this Site solely and strictly for legal purposes, not being able to access it with the intention of carrying out a practice or connection to fraudulent acts or that result in criminal offense, to attempt and/or change content, transmit harmful messages or computer viruses or misuse any of its content.
49. Manuel Tavares may prevent access to and use of its Website, www.manueltavares.com, without prior notification, whenever it considers that the visitor or user is knowingly infringing the conditions defined herein or in any other way, the harm the normal functioning of the Site or the Rights of third parties.
50. Manuel Tavares cannot be held responsible in the event of a computer, manual, technical error, or of any other origin, which causes a substantial change not foreseen in the sale price to the public on the website www.manueltavares.com, therefore, in cases where this is exorbitant or manifestly derisory, the purchase order will be considered invalid and canceled and the Customer will be informed of this fact.
The prices and products available on the website www.manueltavares.com, as well as the promotional campaigns and offers, are only valid for purchases made through the website www.manueltavares.com, and may not coincide with those practiced in physical shops, except for promotions expressly indicated. on the online page.
51. If the Client is located outside mainland Portugal, Manuel Tavares informs you, from now on, that any legal process must be brought exclusively in the Portuguese Courts.
52. Under the terms and for the purposes of the provisions of art. 18 of Law n.º144/2015, of 8 September, we inform you that the ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) entity available is the Lisbon Consumer Dispute Arbitration Center, with the following contacts:
Address: Rua dos Douradores, nº 116 - 2º 1100 - 207, Lisbon.
Phone: 218 807 030 international fixed network call
53. These General Sales Conditions may be changed without any prior notice, and therefore must be consulted before placing any order.
Thank you very much for your time and attention.